About the Award:
This award aims to recognize an excellent abstract in the field of basic and translational science with the goal of encouraging scientists in the early stages of their careers to submit their work for presentation at the ISHLT Annual meeting.
- Applicant must be a trainee scientist/medical student who does not hold a medical degree, nurse, or pharmacist.
- Applicant must NOT be a post-graduate clinician/trainee and/or hold a faculty position.
- Applicant must be the first author and presenter of the abstract.
- Applicant must submit their abstract into one of the Basic Science and Translational Research categories during abstract submission.
- ISHLT membership is not required for the applicant or chief.
- Applicant must not have previously won this award.
Five finalists will be selected to present their abstract research during a session at the meeting, and the Annual Meeting registration fee will be waived for these finalists. The winner will receive $1,000 and complimentary membership to ISHLT for the remainder of the year, and the winner will be announced at the Saturday Awards Plenary Session. The winner must attend this session in person to receive the award. The online abstract submission process includes an area to indicate that you wish to have your abstract considered for this award.
Hsi-Min Hsiao, PhD
Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, USA
"Splenic Monocytes Promote Neutrophil Extravasation into Lung Grafts via a TLR9-IL1β-Dependent Pathway"